playing an important role…
Environmentally Friendly – Guttercare try and play an important role in reducing the carbon footprint of building projects. Our aluminium gutter & rainwater systems, aluminium fascia’s & soffits have a long life expectancy in excess of 50 years. This greatly enhances the whole of life embodied energy figure relative to materials with shorter life spans.
Sustainability and aluminium systems: Aluminium is the most abundant metal in the Earth’s crust. It can be recycled time after time saving up to 95% of the energy needed to produce the primary product. The metal’s natural coating of aluminium oxide provides an effective barrier preventing damage caused by air, temperature, moisture and chemicals
- Environmentally Friendly
- Low whole life costs – compared to other materials
- Infinitely recyclable – 75% of all the aluminium produced since 1888 is still in use today
- Green energy – hydro-electric or geo-thermal power accounts for 60% of processing requirements
- Aluminium is a very light metal, about 65% lighter than steel or cast iron. It has a very high strength to weight ratio and excellent corrosion resistance. One of the oldest recorded uses of aluminium is the statue of Eros in London, cast in 1893.
- It can be recycled time after time saving up to 95% of the energy needed to produce the primary product
Aluminium naturally generates a protective oxide coating. Should the surface be damaged, the aluminium simply oxidises again to protect itself. Adding a polyester powder coating to provide an attractive, durable and maintenance free finish. This is in contrast to steel, where galvanising only offers limited protection, and cast iron, which requires regular repainting. Guttercare can provide advice on all of the products they offer. Contact us today.